Long before I am near enough to begin a conversation with you on the street, in a meeting or at a party, you announce your gender, age, and social class to me. . . and very possibly give me important information (or misinformation) as to your occupation, origin, personality, opinions, tastes and current mood. By the time we meet and converse, we have already spoken to each other in an older and more universal tongue.
– Allison Lurie
This interactive module focuses on enhancing the first impression others make of you when meeting and greeting them.
- Introduce Yourself and Others Properly
- Put Others At Ease When Responding to Introductions
- Five Styles of Handshakes
- Eye Contact and Body Language
- How to Remember Names
- How to Start and End a Conversation